Summer is almost over, and everyone has to make sure that they receive their fair share of seafood! Westport has type of seafood under the sun in close proximity, so finding a good option is easier than ever. We have compiled a list of the best seafood restaurants to get you in the perfect mood for seafood cuisine.
Make sure to check out the Bayside Restaurant in Westport. It is imperative that you check this spot out if you’re in the area. They have everything you’d want from burgers, to most importantly, seafood cuisine. The best part about this place is you won’t have to wait super long to receive your food.
Bayside has everything you could want, from calamari to coconut shrimp, cod cakes, shrimp, baked scallops, and fried fish and chips. If you’re feeling in a healthier mood, you could opt for the the lobster and asparagus salad.
Why just settle to make your seafood meals at home when you can prepare meals on your own.? Check out this compiled list of the best recipes to make in the summertime while keeping that same oceanic seafood theme right here.
Linguine with Clams:
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in vegetable broth; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in clams. Cover, with a tight-fitting lid, and cook until the clams have opened, about 5-8 minutes. Discard any unopened clams.
- Stir in pasta and additional vegetable broth, as needed.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Baked Seafood Dip:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prep shrimp and crab as needed by defrosting, cleaning, peeling and deveining your shrimp and shredding your crab
- Next chop your veggies finely, so they’ll mix seamlessly into the dip.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on your stove-top to medium-high heat with a tablespoon or two of butter and saute the onion, bell pepper, celery and jalapeno until tender.
- Next add in the spinach, salted mashed garlic, and Old bay.
- Stir to combine and wilt the spinach.
- Next add the crab and shrimp and cook for about a minute, until shrimp just begin to turn opaque.
- Remove from heat. [the shrimp will continue to cook in the pan as well as in the oven]
- Stir in your cream cheese, Gouda, and Gruyere and a sprinkle of paprika, and pop the entire skillet in the oven
- Bake for about 15 minutes until bubbly and golden.
- Remove skillet from the oven, give it a moment to de-molten-lavafy itself, and dive on in with your favorite crusty baguette.
- Now would be a good time to garnish with some parsley and red pepper flakes before your eat the entire skillet!
Make sure to check out this recipe of Salmon, Tamari and Soba Noodle Salad. Grab all the ingredients on the list and follow these instructions for a delectable meal.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add soba noodles and cook for 4 minutes (or according to directions on the packet). Drain well then transfer to a large bowl. Reserve about 3-4 Tbsp of the dressing then add the rest to the warm soba noodles and mix well to coat all the noodles. Allow to cool.
- Place cooled noodles in a serving bowl with cucumber, sugar snap peas, snow peas, spring onions, radishes and coriander. Toss to combine. Gently flake over smoked salmon. Drizzle over remaining dressing and sprinkle over sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
With the fall season coming up, it has to be a top priority to get the seafood while everything is at its freshest point. It doesn’t matter whether you choose to go out for a divine dinner with the family or choose to make your own meals in the comfort of your own home; Westport has exactly what you need to make all of this happen. Do yourself a favor and allow Westport satisfy your hunger this summer.